Our History

TCBC was chartered in 1951 as the amalgamation of 3 cell groups meeting at McCool, Heaslip and Hilliard Township. 
The church began under the outreach of Pastor J.R. Boyd of Berean Baptist Church in Sudbury and was initially chartered as Heaslip-McCool Regular Baptist Church.  There have been six pastors over the 67 year history of the church.  For the first seven years the church met at three locations each Sunday. 
In 1958, TCBC built its present building ten miles north of New Liskeard at the corner of Hwys. 11 & 562, known as the Thornloe Crossroads.  This is the origin of our present name.  
The building was expanded twice to accommodate growth, with several small renovations completed to meet the changing needs over the years. 
In 1972, TCBC became a member of the Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches in Canada.